Saturday, October 30, 2010

HABAL HABAL RIDE TO THE SECRET PARADISE


 June 18-19, 2010

It was one day before our Davao trip that I decided to search for an adventure to be our itinerary on our first day. I saw some blogs and pictures of Canibad Beach which is termed as the secret paradise of Samal Island. In an instant, my brother and I decided to stay overnight on that day.

Our flight to Davao is scheduled early morning of Friday. Before lunch, we headed to the island to have a tour and we ended up in BlueJaz Resort where we ate and rested for picture taking. After lunch, the group decided to go home and together with my cousins, we decided to be dropped off at Babak Market.

In the market, we rented Habal-Habal to go to the so-called paradise. Our fare was P80 per person. We got two motorbikes to start our bumpy roller-coaster ride. It was combination of rough road, dirt, and swerving, uphill, downhill and butt-jumping moments. Since Canibad is on the northern part of the island, it took us almost one hour of fast lane.

You need to hike down before you reach the resort. The place is not as special as I have been to different isolated beaches in the country. It was right timing that we were only the group on that place which made it really a secret place for us. Good thing also, that the caretaker decided not to turn on the generator so it was night of classic lamp light beside us.


We had everything on our hands, the beach which is cold, the fisherman views; sharing and catching up with our cousins, sea lights of the boats and not too mention the superstition. It was a sight of maturity to our cousins since they have grown up already and they are willing to answer questions out of the ordinary.


We had early wake-up call since we will be fetched by the same transportation. On our way back, I decided to take my camera out of my pocket to take pictures while we are on the fast lane which amazingly I got some good pictures. :-)


When I was there last April 2009, I had no chance to have a session with my cousins in Davao which made this a different one. It was a night of not too much drinking, just an overdose of The Bar, sharing and laughter.


Next time, we will explore the other isolated areas in Samal. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment