Monday, October 25, 2010

BUKO, ICE CANDY AND THE RIDGES OF BATULAO


April 9-10, 2010

Something or someone woke me up at around 08:30AM, Friday morning. As I reached and browse to my mobile phone, I saw some messages and miss calls. The messages are pertaining to our Mount Batulao climb, I replied and got a message back saying they are already in the bus terminal and waiting for us. Hmmm, there is a misunderstanding on my mind; I thought the schedule was a Saturday climb.

To cut the story short, I packed my things and headed to Pasay to catch a bus going to Nasugbu, Batangas. I had only charge my headlamp for 30 minutes.




I reached Evercrest at around 2:00PM and they are already waiting for me. We started the trek using the new trail at 2:30PM and reaching Peak10 at 5:00PM because of numerous Buko and ice candy stops. To my amazement, my camera only lasted for 13 shots.




But still I am happy that I was able to bring our dinner, “Bunga ng Malunggay”. Then an early wake up call to prepare for breakfast and have enough rest to shoot for the summit and traverse back to the old trail. It was a nerve racking site from Peak10 to the summit and going down from summit to Camp6 especially to those people have height sickness.

We reached the jump-off area at around 3:00PM.

Sad to say, our lady friend was not able to join us on this climb. Next time!

:-)

I had to wait for the other photos! hehe

----------
I added some photos coming from the other cameras but the owner did not change the date settings..hahaha.. ;-)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment