Friday, September 3, 2010

BREAKING THE SILENCE OF BATANES


February 21-27, 2010

We went the northern most part of our country last February 21 of the same year to experience the majestic beauty of these islands. The usual way was to read about the places to go and eat, but for me it was a different one. I was trapped into researching and reading articles about the four hours boat ride going to Itbayat. This liquid form that makes our planet is my dilemma every time I am about go to coastline areas.

It was one week before the actual date that I decided to flag a red signal on my mind. As my mind uttered, “Stop reading those articles and just wait for an unexplored adventure ahead” :-D

Our seven days partnership was a combination of everything. Silence was though the dominant aura during our entire stay. It was an enjoyment to see spectacular and panoramic views. It is also a time to appreciate simplest form of lifestyle you could ever embrace.
s always, it could never be different from any place in our unique country; even this silent group of islands is not exempted from the harshness of people, politics and change.

Nevertheless, the experience was worthy one and I would always come back if given a chance.

My wish is the same as most people would say “Preservation”. But my prayer cannot do it alone.

Hoping the silence of Batanes will not be broken.




Watch out for a collection of pictures of my tour in Batanes.

No comments:

Post a Comment